Why Dubai? Everyone wants to know why am I taking my next trip to Dubai. It’s the most common question I’ve been asked lately.
The truth is, we won the trip!
Technically, my very good friend Nicki (EatLiveTravelDrink) did. I’m just the lucky one she asked to accompany her, but I feel like a winner too.
She won a 10-night-trip for participating in a twitter chat hosted by Expedia.
Total trip includes:
- 3 nights at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi
- 7 nights at Sofitel Dubai The Palm
- Airfare for two on Turkish Airlines
With our trip soon approaching, I’ve been doing all my research. My UAE bucket list is getting long, there’s so much to see, do and experience.
Here are my top 3 things to do:
1. Ride a camel. I’ve heard it’s not quite like riding a horse. There are a variety of adventures which almost all include riding camel-back through the Arabian desert. This Sunset Desert Safari is a must do!
2. Take an elevator to the top of Burj Khalifa. Day or night, the views from the 124th floor of the world’s tallest skyscraper. Just breathtaking. Admission tickets give you access to the Top Observation Deck for a panoramic view of the city.
3. Travel the desert by hot air balloon. Sunset or at sunrise, hot air balloons take to the desert sky. Rolling red sand dunes for miles. One tour combo includes an Overnight Safari at a Desert Camp, 4-course dinner, breakfast and a sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride. That seems irresistible!
I’m just counting down days until I get to see that sci-fi-like sky line. This trip undoubtedly, will be a life changing experience. I can’t wait.
I’m so grateful Nicki chose to share this amazing gift with me. Also, this all wouldn’t be possible without Expedia. They really are awesome.