If you’re trying to save money to travel, here are 20 side hustles to help you reach your financial goals.
- Bartend – typically an evening, late night gig, would pair perfectly with a day job.
- Live-in caregiver – whatever you want to call it, nanny or au pair, you get to live in another country and watch children!
- Work away/trade away – work for housing and meals while living in exotic and awesome locations.
- Motor-home/van – invest in a moving home on wheels and travel wherever the road goes.
5. Online business – if all you need is a computer and wifi to do your job, it can be done from just about anywhere in the world.
6. Put away money each paycheck – just start a savings account and hold yourself to it!
7. Rent your house – you can do a house swap or if you’re going long-term, rent the house out to someone else while you’re away traveling. The rent doubles as an income.
8. Cryptocurrency – this is a popular investment right now, lots of travelers have been utilizing and funding travels.
9. Credit Card – some credits cards offer sign on bonuses and incentives like free flights/hotels.
10. ESL remotely – teach English in another country in exchange for decent pay and living accommodations.
11. Flight attendant – your job is to fly on planes all over the world, sounds perfect to me!
12. Computer Programming – again, if you only need a computer and wifi to do your job, it can be done from nearly anywhere.
13. WWOOFing – work and live on a farm in exchange for cultural and educational experiences.
14. Uber Driver – make it a full-time job or just on the side. All you need is a vehicle (and a decent record) to begin.
15. Forex – trading foreign exchange and currency 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
16. Cloud Network Access Broker – a way to deliver consistent security across multiple clouds and protecting everyone using their data. I suppose you do it from anywhere as long you have wifi.
17. Dog Sitter – if you’re a lover of dogs, why not get paid to play with dogs all day.
18. International Business Attorney – basically you step in to represent a client when business or matters involve two or more countries.
19. House sitter – just like dog sitting, but animals aren’t always involved. People hire someone come to their home and care for it while they are away.
20. Cruise ship – your job is always in motion, each day a new place and a new port. There are lots and lots of travel opportunities working on cruise ships! Plus their are all types of positions available.
Try these 101 things before you die! Either way, if you’re stumped on where to go next or looking for some out-of-the-box places to explore, check this list out!
1. Visit all 50 states in the USA
Travel Talk Tuesday is a Live interview series hosted by Cassondra Wanders showcasing travelers, travel bloggers and travel entrepreneurs. The series, which premiered on March 16, 2021, has seen guest speakers from all over the world – including USA, Jamaica, UK and Israel. Travel Talk Tuesday’s live discussions primarily focus on sharing real-life travel experiences and cover a wide range of travel topics.
I decided I wanted to go somewhere last minute. So I got on Skyscanner and searched from here to “anywhere”. Los Angeles, California was the cheapest flight so I booked it.
I only had 5 days and a huge SoCal Bucket List! From Rodeo Drive to Venice Beach, I wanted to see it all!
We all dream of travelling the world and getting paid to do it. But… in the real world, we have bills and jobs that get in the way of our day dreams.
If I had nickel for every time someone has asked me how I afford to travel, I’m pretty sure I would have enough nickels to pay for my next flight.
What’s my secret? Well it’s not really a secret at all, but it’s #3 on this list of jobs for travelers.
I grew up in a big family, so we’ve been traveling with kids for years! Here are my 10 favorite cities to visit, so far! Any cities you would add to the list? I’m always looking for new destinations!