I know you’re probably here looking for budget hotels on Mackinac Island – the truth is, there aren’t any for a very good reason. I’ll tell you exactly why.
A night on the island is absolutely amazing. Every accommodation is unique in its own way and many summer nights every room on the entire island is booked. It’s like love at first sight, the first time you come to Mackinac Island to stay the night.
If you’re traveling to Mackinac Island and working with a budget, try one of these affordable accommodations. Also, if you’re looking for other ways to save on Mackinac Island or how to plan a cheap day trip, I covered those topics too.
On Main Street
- Rates start at $100.
- Includes: Air conditioning
- Spectacular porch seating with comfortable wicker furniture
- Smoke-free rooms
- WIFI access available in all rooms
- Private baths
- Luggage storage for early arrivals and late departures
- Small meeting rooms
- Guest lectures on Mackinac Island topics
- A truly local flavor staffed by Mackinac Islanders
- I stayed in October on a last minute $99 deal before, so follow them!
- Fully Air Conditioned
- All Private Bathrooms
- Award Winning Friendly Staff
- Spacious Front Porch
- Children, 12 & Under, Stay & have Breakfast for Free!
- Located in the Historic Marina District, just outside the heart of downtown Mackinac Island
- Cozy Parlor
- Heated Spa Pool with Waterfall
- Smoke Free Environment
- Daily Home Baked Bedtime Cookies
- Rates start at $109
- Fully air-conditioned rooms
- Free Wi-fi
- Spacious sun deck and spa pool
- Located in the heart of downtown
- Elevator access to each floor
- Whirlpool baths in the more luxurious suites
- Amigo Burrito Café
- Mackinac Art Gallery
- Murray Hotel Fudge Company
- Complimentary Luggage Service
- Meeting and Banquet Rooms
- Rates start at $125
- Breakfast served in our family dining room.
- Hot mugs of coffee or tea
- Freshly baked pastries and ice-cold juice provide a delicious beginning to your day.
- Rates start at $100
- Air conditioning
- Private, full-sized bathrooms
- Large flat screen televisions
- Small refrigerator
- Wet bar (in most rooms), Jacuzzi tubs (king rooms)
- In room coffee maker
- Iron & ironing board
- Hair dryers
- Telephones – iPod compatible
- Clock radio alarms
- Complementary wireless internet access
- Concierge service
- Open year-round!
- Deluxe continental breakfast
- Afternoon tea
- Library on site
- Luggage storage
- Rates start at $245
- Charming guest rooms decorated in a blend of English and French country style
- Wireless internet access
- Air conditioning
- Private baths
- Special in-room toiletries
- Afternoon coffee and tea
- Luggage storage for early arrivals and late departures.
East End of Downtown
- Rates start at $185
- Continental Breakfast is included
- Roll-a-ways and cribs Rates
- Shared bathrooms
- Games and Puzzles
- Discounted Bike Rentals
Up the Hill
- Rates start at $110
- Secluded on the west end of the island at Stonecliffe, away from the bustling downtown area.
- Offer outdoor grills & picnic areas,
- Full kitchens
- Free WIFI
- Accommodate any size party – can sleep 2 to 12 people.
- Ideal for families, friends, wedding parties and reunions.
- Each condo is individually owned and decorated.
Rates start at $144 per person AC Minibar In-room safe Cable TV Iron Coffeemaker Free Wi-Fi Nightly dancing to the sounds of the Grand Hotel Orchestra Nightly turndown service Starbucks coffee in your room or in the Audubon Bar on the Parlor level beginning at 6:30 a.m. Morning edition of the New York Times Digest under your door
For more ways to save on Mackinac Island, visit my other blogs.
As soon as you arrive to Mackinac Island, a map will be your best friend. They’re easy to find at the Visitors Center, Tourism Bureau, your hotel front desk/concierge, stores and restaurants. Unless you’ve lived on the island your whole life, you’re going to be lost without a map. I highly recommend getting one before you head out.
To really get the biggest bang for my buck, I like to travel on a budget. I like to save a little where we can and really have a great experience. Here are 22 tips for saving money when visiting Mackinac Island.
1. Weekdays – Hotel rates during the week, Monday-Thursday are usually
Visiting Mackinac Island for the day or for a week, here are 17 items to add to your bucket list and make this the Best Summer Vacation! Things to do on Mackinac Island
Did you know you can visit Mackinac Island in the winter too? It is everything you love about Mackinac Island, plus so much more. Imagine downtown without the crowds, no bicycles, just peaceful and quiet.
Mackinac Island is as incredible as everyone says, but it can be pricey to visit. Between food, accommodation and transportation, the costs can add up quickly. It doesn’t have to break your bank to visit Mackinac Island.
Here are some tips to stay within a budget and see this amazing island!
Stay Off Island
Unless it is your dying desire to stay 1 night on the island, it’s going to save you a lot of money to stay on “the mainland.” The two cities that connect to Mackinac Island by ferry boat are Mackinaw City and St. Ignace, Michigan. Both cities have hundreds of hotels to choose from and several campground options. Accommodations on the mainland are…